Last Modified: December 20. 2019
Information We Collect
While you may browse certain portions of the Platform without registration, certain Services, including use of the App, may require you to create an account and provide Personal Information. If you do not provide us with certain information, or ask us to delete such information, you may no longer be able to access or use our Platform or Services. For example, if you do not provide us with your email address, you will not be able to access the App.
- Information You Give Us. We may collect information directly from you when you: (a) register for an account to use the App, (b) communicate with us on our Platform, over the phone, on third-party social media sites, and by mail or email, (c) sign up for our newsletter and notifications, (d) review, comment or otherwise post on or through the Platform. The types of information we collect from you depends on your use of the Platform and which information you choose to provide to use, but generally may include: your name, age, gender, photo, address and email address, and any personal preferences that you provide through the App, such as aspirational goals. We may also collect this information when you register using Facebook and Google+ (as further detailed below in Third-Party Service Providers).
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the App, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on the App and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you use our Platform and Services, we collect certain information automatically. Information collected this way includes:
- Usage Information: We collect non-personal statistical information about how you use the Platform and Services, including information on: your Internet browser; traffic data; how long you use the App; whether you have used the Platform before and on how many occasions; how frequently you use the App; and at which point you exit the Platform. This information allows us to optimize the Platform to the Internet browsers that are used to visit the Platform and to improve the App.
- Device Information: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Platform and Services, we may access and collect information such as your IP address, information on your device, including the hardware and operating system, and information on the mobile network you use.
- Location Information: When you use the App and Services, Veraki and its Services Providers (as defined below) collect location information from your computer or mobile device. This may include information about the city and state in which your device is located based on its IP address, and also precise GPS location information. Prior to collecting any precise GPS location information and enabling tools such as push notifications, we will ask for your permission. You can always disable location services on your device.
Veraki and its Service Providers (as defined below) may use a variety of technologies for this automatic data collection, which may include:
- Pixel Tags / Web Beacons: Certain pages of our Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email. We may also use these web beacons for other related Platform statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Device Identifiers: Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may use third-party service providers (the “Service Providers”) in order to efficiently provide the Platform to you. Service Providers perform tasks including, but not limited to, providing notification and newsletter services and credit card payment processing. We may use this information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from the Platform. Information collected from these Service Providers is governed by their privacy policies. We may allow users to register using Facebook and Google+. We will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Veraki’s access to that account. If you choose to use this feature or if you interact with any other third party on the Platform, the third party may have access to your information, even though we do not disclose your information for these purposes without your consent. You should view the privacy policies of Service Providers before providing information to them.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction. This information cannot be used to personally identify our users. We do not disclose your information that may personally identify you except in the circumstances described here:
- Your Consent: We may share or disclose your information, at your direction, in connection with your use of the Platform.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with or disclose it to contractors, Service Providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, all of whom are bound by contractual obligations to keep information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Veraki is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your information held by us may be among the assets transferred.
- Disclosed when Collected: For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Communications: If you do not wish to have your email address used by Veraki to promote our own Platform, products, or third parties’ services and products, you may opt out of receiving these messages by following the “unsubscribe” link contained within the promotional messages.
- Online Analytics and Tracking: We may use third-party web analytics services (such as Google Analytics) on our Platform to collect and analyze Usage Information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain feature to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by following the link here:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at to request access to, correct, or delete any information, including Personal Information, that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Children Under Age 13
The Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at adm[email protected]